Nomination Deadline: October 1st
In 1966, the professional associates of John D. Winter, M.ASCE, endowed this award to ASCE to reward the industry's most gifted practitioners who review and interpret state-of-the-art methods, theories, and ideas for the benefit of their colleagues. The benefit of this awards is the scholarly review, evaluation, and documentation of the scientific and technical information needed by the profession.
- 2022 - Jose D. Salas, Ph.D., Dist.M.ASCE; Michael L. Anderson, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE; Simon M. Papalexiou; and Felix Frances
- Annually, each institute and division of the Society shall encourage an individual, individuals, or committees to prepare papers on the status of knowledge in special areas of interest served by the institute and division.
- Papers published in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible.
- Books published by ASCE in the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are also eligible for consideration.
- In any given year when both journals and books are considered outstanding, ASCE may award one journal and one book for the prize.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- Nominations may be submitted by anyone and must be sent directly to the Honors and Awards Program office by October 1.
- Nominations sent to the Honors and Awards Program office by October 1 will be transmitted to the appropriate ASCE Organizational Entity.
- Each ASCE Organizational Entity may recommend for review up to two candidate papers for consideration by the Paper Review Committee.
- Only those candidate nominations received by the Honors and Awards Program office from the ASCE Organizational Entity by January 15 will be considered by the Paper Review Committee.
- The nominated papers are reviewed by the Paper Review Committee which shall recommend the recipient(s) to the Society Awards Committee which shall request approval from the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction. The Paper Review Committee shall be composed of two representatives of the Committee on Technical Advancement (CTA) and one representative of each Institute. Its chair shall be the senior CTA member. Committee members shall serve three-year staggered terms.
- All authors shall receive a certificate.
- Papers not selected for the award shall be ineligible for re-nomination.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191