Nomination Deadline: October 1st
Because the science and art of civil engineering can cope with information expansion only if its most gifted practitioners will review and interpret the state-of-the-art for the benefit of their colleagues, in 1966 the professional associates of John D. Winter, M.ASCE, endowed this prize. It is anticipated that a direct benefit of this award will be the scholarly review, evaluation, and documentation of the scientific and technical information needed by the profession.
- 2020: Xiaofeng Liu, P.E., M.ASCE and Jie Zhang, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Annually, each institute and division of the Society shall encourage an individual, individuals, or committees to prepare papers on the status of knowledge in special areas of interest served by the institute and division.
- Papers published in a print issue of any ASCE publication including books published by ASCE in the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- Nominations may be submitted by anyone and must be sent directly to the Honors and Awards Program office by October 1.
- Nominations sent to the Honors and Awards Program office by October 1 will be transmitted to the appropriate ASCE Organizational Entity.
- Each ASCE Organizational Entity may recommend for review up to 2 candidate papers for consideration by the Paper Review Committee.
- Only those candidate nominations received by the Honors and Awards Program office from the ASCE Organizational Entity by January 15 will be considered by the Paper Review Committee.
- The nominated papers are reviewed by the Paper Review Committee which shall recommend the recipient(s) to the Society Awards Committee which shall request approval from the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction. The Paper Review Committee shall be composed of 2 representatives of the Committee on Technical Advancement (CTA) and 1 representative of each Institute. Its chair shall be the senior CTA member. Committee members shall serve 3-year staggered terms.
- The lead author shall receive a plaque. All other authors shall receive a certificate.
- Papers not selected for the award shall be ineligible for re-nomination.
- 1 award may be presented in any year.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191