The fellowship is a memorial to the outstanding professional accomplishments and contributions of Jack E. Leisch, M. ASCE to the fields of highway design, traffic operations and transportation planning. The fellowship is supported by the income from donations in Mr. Leisch's honor. The award consists of a certificate and a monetary payment of approximately $6,000.
- 2022: Lan Ventura, S.M.ASCE, Texas Tech University
- The fellowship will apply to the pursuit of full-time studies in an accredited academic program emphasizing transportation planning, roadway geometric design, traffic operations and safety performance for each user..
- Any full-time student who is enrolled in or admitted to a graduate degree program (master or doctoral) at an accredited university may apply.
- Applicants must be a member of ASCE (Membership applications may be submitted with fellowship applications) and must be in good standing at the time of the award. Previous fellowship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- Application packages should be submitted to the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE (attn: Jack E. Leisch Fellowship Committee) by April 29. All items in the application package should be in separate documents and emailed to T&DI at [email protected]. Application packages must include the following:
- Resume indicating academic experience, grade point average (undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate), graduate record exam (GRE) scores, work experience, extracurricular activities (including ASCE, ITE and other professional society student chapter memberships), and other pertinent information;
- Official transcript emailed directly from your institution to [email protected].
- Brief (no more than 500-word) statement of academic, research, and professional interests as well as intentions beyond graduate school continuing in the fields listed in 1 above.
- List of graduate course work (completed and/or planned) in the fields listed in 1 above;
- Confidential recommendation letters from three references signed by the reference (must be submitted directly by the reference to [email protected]), Please direct your references to to include Jack Leisch Nomination Reference for (students name) in the email subject line.
- Statement of financial need (no more than 300 words).
Selection is based on appraisal of the applicant's academic program, educational plan, academic performance and standing, post graduate intentions, leadership capacity, and financial need.
To apply, full application packages must include the following by April 29:
- Official transcript emailed to [email protected]
- Brief statement of interests
- List of graduate course work
- 3 letters of recommendation (max)
- Statement of financial need (no more than 300 words)
Applications must be submitted electronically to T&DI.
Please contact Leanne Shroeder at [email protected]