Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Frank M. Masters Transportation Engineering Award is a memorial to the outstanding professional accomplishments of Frank M. Masters, Hon.M.ASCE, and is supported by the income from a bequest from Mr. Masters. The ASCE Board of Direction established the award in November 1975.
- 2024: Heng Wei, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE
- The award is given to a Society member for the best example of innovative or noteworthy planning, design, or construction of transportation facilities. The example must have been described in published form available to the entire engineering community. Candidates must be members in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Not more than one prize is awarded each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is considered to be the contribution of more than one person, such as joint authorship of a paper. No one shall receive the honor, or any portion thereof, more than once.
- The Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) Awards Committee reviews nominations presented by the Honors and Awards program and recommends the recipient, if any, to the T&DI Board of Governors for final action by the ASCE Executive Committee.
- Nominees not selected in a given year may be held over for consideration by the T&DI Awards Committee with approval from the T&DI Board of Governors. The names of these nominees will be sent to the Honors and Awards program office.
- The award consists of a medal. Winners who are not the lead recipient receive a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191