Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Harland Bartholomew Award was established by the former ASCE Urban Planning and Development Division (now the Transportation & Development Institute) in recognition of the outstanding professional accomplishments of Harland Bartholomew, Hon.M.ASCE. The ASCE Board of Direction established this award in 1968.
The winner of this award has made special contributions to the role of the civil engineer in urban planning and development. Their contribution may be in the form of a Society-published paper or personal efforts and achievements toward that goal.
- 2022: Amiy Varma, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Only Society Fellows, Members, and Associate Members in good standing at the time of nomination are eligible.
- The T&DI Awards Committee reviews nominations presented by the Honors and Awards program and recommends the recipient, if any, to the T&DI Board of Governors for final action by the ASCE Board of Direction Executive Committee.
- Nominees not selected in a given year may be held over for consideration by the T&DI Awards Committee with approval from the T&DI Board of Governors. T&DI will send the names of these nominees to the Honors and Awards program office.
- The award consists of a plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the ASCE Board of Direction Executive Committee based on income from the award endowment.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191