Nomination Deadline: October 1st
Nominations for this award are papers nominated for the Norman Medal. This prize was established by the Society on October 1, 1912, and is named in honor of the first recipient of the Norman Medal, John James Robertson Croes, Past President, ASCE.
- 2022 - Xihaier Luo, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE and Ahsan Kareem, Ph.D., F.EMI, NAE, Dist.M.ASCE
- The Croes Medal is awarded annually under the rules governing the Norman Medal.
- There is no direct nomination of papers for this award. Nominations for this award are papers submitted that were not selected for the Norman Medal. The medal is awarded to the author(s) of the paper deemed next in merit of which the Norman Medal is awarded. If the Norman Medal is not awarded, the Croes Medal may be awarded to the paper judged worthy for its merit as a contribution to engineering science.
- The Paper Review Committee reviews nominated papers and recommends the recipient(s) to the Society Awards Committee. The Society Awards Committee then requests approval from the ASCE Board of Direction Executive Committee. The Paper Review Committee is composed of two representatives from the Committee on Technical Advancement (CTA) and one representative of each Institute. The Chair is the senior CTA member. Committee members serve three-year staggered terms.
- Papers not selected for either the Croes or Norman medals are ineligible for re-nomination.
- The award consists of a medal. In the case of a paper written by more than one author, the lead author receives the medal. All other authors receive a certificate.