Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal was established by the Engineering Mechanics Institute and the Structural Engineering Institute to recognize Dr. Jack E. Cermak's lifetime achievements in the field of wind engineering and industrial aerodynamics. This award is funded by friends and colleagues of Professor Jack Cermak. It was instituted by the Board of Direction in 2000.
- 2022: Timothy A. Reinhold, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- The medal will be awarded for outstanding contributions to research and/or practice in wind engineering.
- The medal will ordinarily be granted for cumulative distinguished contributions in wind engineering. In exceptional cases, it may be awarded for a single contribution of outstanding merit.
- The medal may be awarded every year at the discretion of the selection committee and will be limited to one individual, unless a nomination is based on work which was a joint effort of a substantial duration. In such cases, duplicate or multiple medals will be tendered only if the balance then available in the award fund is adequate for that purpose.
- The award recipients will be nominated by the members of the Engineering Mechanics Institute and the Structural Engineering Institute for final action by the ASCE Executive Committee. The awards committee will consist of the Engineering Mechanics Institute Cermak Award Selection Committee and three members appointed by the Board of Governors of the Structural Engineering Institute. It will be chaired by the chair of the Engineering Mechanics Institute Cermak Award Selection Committee.
- During the year following receipt of the medal, the recipient(s) will be invited to deliver the Jack E. Cermak Lecture on a topic within the designated subject area of the award, to be presented at one of the ASCE national meetings, conferences, congresses, or conventions.
- The medal will be given without regard for Society membership or nationality.
- No individual shall receive the medal more than once.
- The award consists of a gold-plated medal. If the award is presented for a joint effort, the lead recipient shall receive the award. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191