The award recognizes design and construction practicing engineers employed in the marine engineering profession with demonstrated leadership and/or achievement in harbor and coastal projects.
- Thomas J. Collins, P.E., S.E., D.P.E., F.ASCE
- Bill Paparis, P.E., D.PE, M.ASCE
- The Award shall be made when, in the judgment of the award committee, suitable candidate or candidates are available. There is no limit to the number of recipients named in any year and no recipient may receive the award more than once.
- As a minimum, at least one award will be given at the triennial PORTS Conference. An individual, or group of individuals, may submit nominations.
- This recognition is awarded to members of ASCE who are judged to have attained significant professional achievement, by the degree to which the candidates have shown:
- service to the advancement of the marine engineering profession;
- evidence of technical competence, high character and integrity;
- leadership in the development of younger member attitudes towards the profession;
- other evidence of merit shall have advanced the Committee's objectives.