Nomination Deadline: October 1st
The Samuel Arnold Greeley Award was instituted in 1968 by the Sanitary Engineering Division (now the Environmental and Water Resources Institute) of the American Society of Civil Engineers, and is endowed by professional associates of Samuel A. Greeley, Hon.M.ASCE and Past Director.
- Charles Schaefer, Ph.D.
- Dung Nguyen
- Emerson Christie
- Stefanie Shea
- Christopher P. Higgins, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Jennifer Field
- All original papers dealing with the design, construction, operation or financing of water supply, pollution control, storm drainage or solid waste collection and disposal facilities published in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible.
- The award may be made annually to the author(s) of the paper that makes the most valuable contribution to the environmental engineering profession. An individual author must be an ASCE member engaged as a principal or employee in the private practice of environmental engineering. In the case of two authors, one must be an ASCE member engaged as principal or employee in the private practice of environmental engineering. If there are more than two authors, a majority of the authors must be ASCE members engaged as principals or employees in the private practice of environmental engineering.
- The eligible papers will be reviewed by a committee of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute, which selects a nominee for final action by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- The lead author shall receive an appropriate plaque and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction, with the advice of the Governing Board of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute, based on the income from the award fund. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191