Nomination Deadline: October 1st
This award and lectureship was established by the Environmental Engineering Division (now the Environmental & Water Resources Institute) and endowed by the firm of Freese & Nichols in honor of their distinguished partner Simon Wilke Freese, F.ASCE. It was instituted by the Board of Direction on November 5, 1975.
- 2024: Mark R. Wiesner, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, F.ASCE.
- At about yearly intervals and upon recommendation of the Governing Board of the Environmental & Water Resources Institute, the Executive Director of the Society will invite a distinguished person to prepare for publication and deliver the Simon W. Freese Environmental Engineering Lecture at an appropriate meeting of the Society.
- The lecturer shall be tendered a certificate and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment.
- The lecturer will be selected without restrictions as to Society membership.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomintion form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191