Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The ASCE Prestressed Concrete Award was endowed in 1968 by T.Y. Lin, F.ASCE, to encourage the preparation of meaningful papers in the designated field of endeavor. The award was instituted by the Board of Direction in May 1968. By Board action in October 1969 the name of the award was changed to the "T.Y. Lin Award."
- 2022: Chungwook Sim, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE; Maher K. Tadros, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE; David Gee; and Micheal Asaad
The award is made in accordance with the policies of the Society and the following specific rules:
- All papers written or co-authored by members of the American Concrete Institute (ACI), Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI), or American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) that deal with prestressed concrete and which are published in a print issue the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible. Preference shall be given to papers written by younger authors.
- ACI, PC, and PTI will each be invited to nominate a single paper selected from their respective publications (which meet the foregoing criteria) for judging along with the single paper selected by the Structural Engineering institute (SEI) from any ASCE publication.
- Annually the papers thus selected will be reviewed by a committee composed of one member each from the ACI, PCI, and PTI as selected by their organizations and one member from SEI. All members shall serve a term no more than three (3) years to commence on October 1. This committee shall select a nominee for final recommendation to the ASCE Executive Committee. The Chair shall be the SEI representative.
- The lead author shall receive a plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191