Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Thomas A. Middlebrooks Award, established by the Society in 1955, is a memorial in recognition of the outstanding professional accomplishments of Thomas A. Middlebrooks, A.M.ASCE. This award is supported by the income from a fund contributed by friends of Mr. Middlebrooks.
- Richard J. Bathurst, Ph.D., M.ASCE
- Tony M. Allen, P.E., M.ASCE
- Peiyuan Lin
- Nezam Bozorgzadeh
- The award is made to the author(s) of a paper published by the Society during the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award which shall be judged worthy of special commendation for its merit as a contribution to geotechnical engineering. No award is made in years in which no paper of suitable merit is published. The papers which receive the Norman Medal and the Croes Medal are not eligible for consideration for this award.
- The award is not restricted to members of the Society.
- The nomination of the recipient of the award is the responsibility of the Governors of the Geo-Institute, which shall recommend to the ASCE Executive Committee for final approval.
- The award shall consist of a certificate and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. The recipient will be given the option of receiving the award, in part or in whole, in the form of books of his or her own selection. If the winning paper is written by a group, the lead author shall receive the certificate and cash prize. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191