Nomination Deadline: October 1st
The Wesley W. Horner Award was instituted in 1968 by the Sanitary Engineering Division (now the Environmental & Water Resources institute) of the American Society of Civil Engineers, and is endowed by Horner & Shifrin, Inc. and the family of Wesley W. Horner, Past President of the Society.
- 2023: Mathews J. Wakhungu; Noha Adel-Mottaleb, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE; E. Christian Wells; and Qiong Zhang, Ph.D., EIT, A.M.ASCE
For paper, “Geospatial Vulnerability Framework for Identifying Water Infrastructure Inequalities” Journal of Environmental Engineering, September 2021.
- All papers dealing with hydrology, urban drainage, or sewerage that are published in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the 12-month period ending with June of the preceding year of award are eligible.
- The eligible papers will be reviewed by a committee of the Environmental and Water Resources institute, which shall select a nominee for final action by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- The award may be made to the author(s) of the paper that makes the most valuable contribution to the environmental engineering profession, with preference given to those authors who are in the private practice of engineering.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- The award shall consist of a plaque and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction, with the advice of the Governing Board of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute, based on the income from the award fund. The lead author shall receive the plaque and cash prize. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191