Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Transportation & Development Institute (formerly the Highway and Urban Transportation Divisions) established this award in light the generosity of the many friends and admirers of Francis C. Turner, Hon.M.ASCE, former Chief Engineer of the Bureau of Public Roads and retired Federal Highway Administrator. The Board of Direction instituted the Francis C. Turner Award in October 1988.
- 2022: Eyad A. Masad, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE
- Society members of any grade or members of T&DI are eligible. Candidates must be members in good standing at the time of nomination.
- The award is based on the nominee's contributions to the advancement of the knowledge and practice of transportation engineering.
- The T&DI Awards Committee reviews nominations presented by the Honors and Awards Program and recommends the recipient, if any, to the T&DI Board of Governors for final action by the ASCE Board of Direction Executive Committee.
- The award consists of a plaque and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the ASCE Executive Committee based on the income from the award endowment.
- The winner may be invited to deliver a "Francis C. Turner Lecture" at an appropriate Society function.
- Nominees not selected in a given year may be held over for consideration by the Awards Committee of T&DI, with approval from the T&DI Board of Governors. The names of these nominees will be conveyed to the Honors and Awards Program office.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- Two or three letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191