Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The ASCE Prestressed Concrete Award was endowed in 1968 by T.Y. Lin, F.ASCE, to encourage the preparation of meaningful papers in the designated field of endeavor. The award was instituted by the Board of Direction in May 1968. By Board action in October 1969 the name of the award was changed to the "T.Y. Lin Award."
- 2022: Chungwook Sim, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE; Maher K. Tadros, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE; David Gee, and Micheal Asaad
- All papers written or co-authored by members of ASCE that deal with prestressed concrete and which are in a print issue in the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible. Candidates must be ASCE members in good standing at the time of nomination. Preference shall be given to papers written by younger authors.
- The American Concrete Institute and the Prestresed Concrete Institute will each be invited to nominate a single paper selected from their respective publications (which meet the foregoing criteria) for judging along with the single paper selected by the Structural Engineering institute (SEI) from any ASCE publication.
- Annually the 3 papers thus selected will be reviewed by a committee composed of 1 member each from the American Concrete Institute and the Prestressed Concrete Institute, and 1 or more members from the SEI - 1 of which shall be the chair. This committee shall select a nominee for final recommendation to the SEI Board of Governors. Final approval shall be the responsibility of the ASCE Executive Committee.
- The lead author shall receive a plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191