ASCE's Switzerland group started in 2015 and has just under 70 members.Join ASCE
In support of innovative research in the domain of Civil Engineering, the ASCE Switzerland International Group has established the ASCE-Swiss Prize in recognition of exceptional Master theses, which combine scientific advances with application areas of practical relevance in the domain of Civil Engineering. This is a Swiss-wide award, awarded annually to a winner from a pool of candidates across all Swiss Institutions that offer an MSc degree in Civil Engineering.
We are pleased to announce that the award of the 2022 ASCE–Swiss Prize is split between two winners:
- Mr. Nathan Kempter (EPFL) for his MSc thesis entitled "Non-linear modeling and seismic risk assessment of composite steel moment resisting frames", supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dimitrios Lignos (EPFL)
- Mr. Florian Fuchs (ETHZ) for his MSc thesis entitled "Integration of Disruptions in Railway Planning", supervisor: Prof. Dr. Francesco Corman (ETHZ)
We wish to particularly thank our cross-institutional review committee:
- Prof. Alexandre Alahi (EPFL)
- Dr. Elyas Ghafoori (Empa, member ASCE)
- Prof. David Kammer (ETH Zürich, member ASCE)
- 2021 - Mr. Gabriel Rodriguez (ETHZ Zürich), "Decision Support System for an Intelligent Operator of Utility Tunnel Boring Machines", supervised by Prof. Dr. Olga Fink (DBAUG, ETH Zürich and currently at EPFL)
- 2020 - Mr. Maximilian Kastinger, "Run-up of Impulse Wave Trains", supervised by Prof. Dr. Robert Boes, Dr. Frederic Evers (VAW/DBAUG, ETH Zürich)
For ASCE-Swiss Prize details, please refer to the past Call for Applications and to Instructions & Conditions.