The Energy Division provides leadership on technical, professional and policy issues that bear on energy in all its forms.Join an Energy Committee
The mission of the ASCE Energy Division is to provide leadership on technical, professional and policy issues that bear on energy in all its forms and uses. To do this, the Energy Division will:
- Promote the integrated planning and management of safe, efficient energy systems consistent with social, economic and environmental objectives and constraints;
- Advance the role of the civil engineer in the siting, design, construction, and operation of facilities for the extraction, conversion, generation, distribution, and use of sustainable energy resources;
- Collaborate with other ASCE units and external organizations with similar goals.
- Committee on Performance Based Structural Fire Design
- Committee on Water Power
- Task committee for Large Turbine Generator Foundations
- TC onshore Heavy Industrial Modularization Guidelines
- TC on Design of Blast Resistant Bldgs in Petrochemical Facilities
- TC on Anchorage Design for Petrochemicals Facilities
- TC on Seismic Evaluation and Design of Petrochemical Facilities
The Energy Division was authorized as Power Division on June 20, 1922 and the name changed to Energy Division on July 14, 1978.