You don't have to be a member of ASCE to join AEI. AEI-only membership is available for only $120 per year.
AEI offers many benefits including The Journal of Architectural Engineering, The Team e-newsletter, professional conferences, professional project awards, student competitions, continuing education, technical publications, webinars, local professional chapters, student chapters, and networking.
- Interactive opportunities to learn about integrated building design and construction solutions.
- Advance building design and construction solutions by participating in an AEI Build technical community.
- Gain leadership experience through active programs and committee participation.
- Connection with NextGen professionals, future leaders, and innovators at the forefront of architectural engineering virtually via AEI Collaborate and at the biennial AEI Conferences and AEI Forums.
- Engage with academics to learn and influence the AE research agenda.
- Advance your career through PE Architectural Engineering professional licensure.
- AE PE Exam study guide book and (New in 2021) exam prep webinar courses.
- The Team, AEI's bi-monthly newsletter, distributed only in electronic format to AEI members.
- Discounts on AEI publications and conferences.
As an ASCE member, you have the opportunity to join one Institute at no additional cost or add a second Institute for just $30 per year. Benefits include:
- 10 free PDHs per year: Select and participate in up to 10 one hour on-demand webinars yearly and earn a free PDH for each test you pass.
- Discounts on all ASCE Conferences and Events
- Discounts on all ASCE publications, continuing education, and more
- Access to ASCE Career Connections: a database of over 600 jobs searchable by title, salary, job requirements, and geographic location
Join ASCE/AEI Remember to select AEI as your primary Institute!
ASCE/AEI Student membership
Take advantage of AEI’s many networking opportunities to land that dream job! The AEI National Student Organization's mission is:
- To unite student chapters and enable them to learn from each other
- To pursue further education in shared academic interests
- To provide a united student voice within the Architectural Engineering Institute
AEI offers discounts for students and a 3-year sliding scale for new graduates. Student Sliding Scale:
- Year of Baccalaureate graduation & first year after: $0
- 2nd year: $50
- 3rd and subsequent years: $120
* Membership is open only to students currently enrolled in an ABET/EAC or NAAB accredited program in architecture, engineering, or other related fields with an interest in the Institute's focus.
* ASCE membership includes one complementary institute membership, please select AEI as your primary institute.
AEI Organizational membership
Join AEI for Organizational membership is available to private companies, federal agencies, and universities around the globe who are a part of the building community. Corporate membership is a unique opportunity not only to support the professional development of your employees but also to enhance your company's connection with others in the field.
- Supporting Organizational Member: $1,250
- Sustaining Organizational Member: $2,500
Membership dues prices are for the calendar year (January 1–December 31). Annual membership dues must be paid prior to admission or reinstatement of membership, and to maintain membership in the Society. ASCE offers discounts for international members and a 5-year sliding scale for new graduates.