AEI is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Architectural Engineering PE Exam Licensure administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). This exam is ideal for engineering candidates who want a licensure exam that addresses areas directly related to buildings and building systems.
The AE PE Exam covers:
- Building systems integration
- Electrical systems
- Mechanical systems
- Structural systems
- Project management and construction administration
The AE PE Exam is recognized in Puerto Rico and within the United States excluding the following states: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and Oregon. Check the map for your state status. Examinees should check with their licensing board directly to confirm if AE PE exam is accepted as part of that jurisdiction’s licensure requirements.
Architectural Engineering PE Exam Review
A four-part series
Prepare with ASCE’s AE PE Exam Review Series to gain confidence to pass the exam. Four content areas are covered in this review series: electrical systems, mechanical systems, structural systems, and project management and construction administration. During live sessions, the instructors will review tools and strategies to prepare and pass the exam and solve problems in a step-by-step manner to prepare you for the AM and PM exam. These courses also serve as refreshers for AEs seeking to refresh their knowledge base in a secondary or tertiary AE technical sector currently outside of their primary practice.
- Structural Testing of Curtain Wall Systems
- Glass and Glazing: Design and Detailing
- Seismic Design of Curtain Wall Systems
- Architectural Concrete: Design and Construction Strategies to Maintain Appearance & Limit Water Intrusion
- Building/Grid Integration - A Large Untapped Economic and Carbon Reduction Opportunity
- The Kendada Building for Innovative Sustainable Design - 5 Part Webinar Series
- People-Centric AI for Resilient, Sustainable, Safe, and Healthy Built Environment
- Whole Life Carbon
Take advantage of our wide range of continuing education opportunities
Earn CEUs/PDHs and stay up-to-date on the latest in civil engineering.
- ASCE Seminar Week
- Face-to-Face Seminars
- Guided Online Courses
- Certificate Programs
- Live Online Training
- On-Demand Training
- Customized Group Training
- PE Civil and PE Architectural Engineering Exam Reviews