UESI is looking for striking photographs of pipelines, utility projects, surveying projects, geomatics, that highlight design and engineering achievements of civil engineers.
Contestants must be individuals over 18 years of age or engineering firms, and they must be the creator or owner of submitted photographs. Contestants may enter up to five photos. Cash prizes will be awarded, and all submissions are eligible for inclusion in UESI’s new Calendar. Contest runs Nov 1, 2021 – March 1, 2022.
Photographs may not include a recognizable person or persons. Although it is acceptable for photos to include images of persons at a distance or in crowds, any photograph with a recognizable person or persons will be disqualified.
Photos should not have identifiable logos or corporate names. Submitters can edit these out of a photo with photo editing software before submitting the photo. UESI will not be editing the photo but can crop it.
Judges will recognize one overall winner and one winner in each of the following five categories. The following is a list of categories. Contestants are to select all categories that best represent the entry.
- Pipeline - Photographs should be related to the design, engineering, or transmission of liquids gases or solids by pipelines.
- Utility Risk Management - Photos should be related to utility investigations, coordination, design, and data management and security.
- Surveying and Geomatics - Photographs should be related to the collection and management of spatial data, or the advancement of surveying and geomatics.
- Utility Asset Management - Photos should be related to the holistic life-cycle asset management of utility infrastructure.
- UESI General - Photos not eligible for one of the other categories should be entered in under UESI General as long as they meet UESI vision to promote and reward excellence in the engineering, planning, design, construction, operations, and asset management, for utility infrastructure and engineering surveying.
To enter, contestants must complete the online entry form below and upload the photographs as directed. Details about the contest, including eligibility requirements and category descriptions, are available in the 2021 Official Rules.
Questions? Send an email to [email protected].