EMI confers recognition of Fellow membership to individual members with a distinguished record of research, accomplishments and service to the Institute. All recipients must be members of EMI in good standing for at least eight years.
Minimum Requirements for Nominations
- a member of EMI for 8 years, with
- 3 most recent consecutive years of EMI membership
- quality and impact of work
- participation in EMI conferences
- involvement in EMI committees
- publications in the EMI journals
The nominator is to provide a letter explaining how the nominee has met the above criteria and has participated in EMI activities that justifies elevation to the rank of Fellow. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
The nomination package consists of:
- The nomination letter.
- A detailed vita of the nominee (up to 10 pages).
- Two letters of support from current EMI Fellows in good standing.
Nominations due by March 1, 2024.
To learn more, or to submit a nomination package for EMI Fellow, contact us at: [email protected].
EMI Board of Governors are not eligible to be nominated for the grade of EMI Fellow and are prohibited from writing nomination or support letters.
CLASS OF 2023:
- Ramesh Agarwal, Ph.D., F.EMI, F.ASCE, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science, Washington University in St. Louis
- Bjorn Birgisson, Ph.D., P.E., F.EMI, F.ASCE, Chair, School of Environmental, Civil, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering, University of Georgia
- John Charles Brigham, Ph.D., F.EMI, A.M.ASCE, Associate Professor, Swanson School of Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- Oral Buyukozturk, Ph.D., F.EMI, F.ASCE, George Macomber Professor in Construction Management; Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Noël Challamel, Ph.D., F.EMI, Aff.M.ASCE, Professor, IRDL, Univ. Bretagne Sud, Lorient, France
- Jia-Liang Le, Ph.D., P.E., F.EMI, M.ASCE, Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Babak Moaveni, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University
- Hayder A. Rasheed, P.E., F.EMI, F.SEI, F.ASCE, Professor of Structural Engineering, Kansas State University
- Hao Wang, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rutgers University