Granular Materials Laboratory at UC Davis
University of California Davis
Granular materials micromechanics, soil fabric anisotropy, bio-inspired geotechnics, soil-structure interaction, fly ash and tailings.
DEM modeling, laboratory testing, centrifuge modeling.
Effect of fabric anisotropy on soil properties, micro-scale interactions between soils and structures, efficient load transfer between soils and structures, bio-inspired solutions for geotechnical engineering problems.
Our research aims to further the understanding of soil behavior and soil-structure interaction to develop efficient solutions for geotechnical and infrastructure challenges.
- Soil mechanics
- Soil-structure interaction
- Centrifuge modeling
- Kyle O'Hara (PhD student)
- Sharif Ahmed (PhD student)
- Yuyan Chen (PhD student)
- Mandeep Basson (PhD student)
- Lin Huang (PhD student)
- Srikanth Madabhusgi (Postdoc)
- Jasmine Miller (MS student)
- Olivia Hunt (MS student)
- NSF, EPRI, CITRIS, EBMUD, CBBG