ASCE 7 & SEI Standards
SEI members are committed to developing high-quality, cutting-edge standards including structural loading, blast design, seismic retrofit, and many others. We are always eager to welcome new members to roll up their sleeves and get to work. If you have a passion for code and standards development, come join us!Apply for CSAD committee
Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures, ASCE/SEI 7-22, is the nationally adopted loading standard for general structural design.
2028 Development Cycle
The 2028 development cycle for ASCE/SEI 7 will begin in 2023. To apply for the ASCE 7-28 main committee or a subcommittee, submit your application by December, 18 2022 using the ASCE Committee Application Form.
Peer-to-Peer Standards Exchange Forum
Come join the discussion about ASCE Standards! The Peer-to-Peer Standards Exchange is a new ASCE Collaborate forum to discuss technical issues about ASCE standards. Dive into your technical area with questions and issues with your community. Members can ask and answer questions. Nonmembers will have view-only capability.
SEI supports our members in the development of 25 ASCE/SEI Standards, including coordination of all activities of ASCE related to the establishment, use, or discontinuance of standards in the area of buildings, non-building structures, and non-structural components. All meetings and conference calls are open to guests. Please contact Jennifer Goupil for information.
SEI Standards Committee Meetings
- August 22, 2022 | 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET | ASCE XX Wind Speed Estimation in Tornadoes; Virtual Meeting
- September 14, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET | Minimum Design Loads for Structures Supporting Overhead Power Lines & Wired Telecommunications Infrastructure; Virtual Meeting
- October 20, 2022 | 8:00a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET | ASCE XX Design of Foundations | In-Person Meeting; Boston, MA
- October 21, 2022 | 8:00 – 11:30 a.m. ET | ASCE XX Design of Foundations | In-Person Meeting; Boston, MA
- December 14, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET | ASCE XX Minimum Design Loads for Structures Supporting Overhead Power Lines & Wired Telecommunications Infrastructure; Virtual Meeting
There are no public comment periods open at this time.
Partnerships & Sponsors
These standards and documents are all free for download! Three were sponsored by the Charles Pankow Foundation and another SEI members contributed to the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER) working group.
Supplements, Errata & Interpretations
Supplements, Errata & Interpretations to ASCE/SEI Standards can be downloaded in PDF format from the ASCE Library. Supplements are an extension of the Standard provisions and are balloted and approved by the committee. Errata correct discrepancies between the balloted and published version of a Standard, as well as typographical errors. Interpretations are formal committee responses to a direct question and are balloted and approved by the committee. The ASCE/SEI Standards listed below have published supplements, errata, or interpretations.