Did you know that student membership to EWRI is FREE?
Students interested in pursuing careers in environmental and water-related fields are encouraged to become members of EWRI. EWRI offers student competitions, student mentoring events, career planning sessions at our annual Congress, and other opportunities for growth. Full-time students can jump-start their careers with EWRI at no cost. Students must submit official proof of full-time student status from their educational institution.
Join EWRI as a Student Member: https://sp360.asce.org/PersonifyEbusiness/Membership/Join-ASCE/
EWRI Student Chapters
Connect with students in your university and make a difference!
The Students & Education Council of EWRI welcomes applications from students and faculty members (who work in areas relevant to the EWRI mission) who want to form new EWRI student chapters across the country!
This is a great opportunity for students and faculty to receive financial support and focus on developing students' professional skills, while working on the development of local, regional and national networks with the environmental and water resources community.
Students interested in applying to the student chapter funding need to be members of EWRI. EWRI offers student competitions, career planning sessions, and other opportunities for growth and professional development Full-time students (with official proof of their student status) can jump-start their careers with EWRI at no cost.
- Institution has at least one full-time faculty member who is an EWRI member and who agrees to serve as faculty adviser;
- Endorsement of the application by the department head or equivalent;
- Only graduate level chapter can be established in case of having an existing ASCE-undergraduate chapter in the institution.
The EWRI-Student Council reviews the applications and announces the results within 30 days after receiving the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum amount our group can request?
The selected new student chapter typically will be awarded up to $1500 and an existing chapter will be awarded up to $750 for the following academic year.
Can we form an undergraduate chapter?
Yes, you can if your institute does not have an ASCE-Undergraduate chapter. If you already have an ASCE-undergraduate chapter, you can apply for a EWRI-graduate student chapter. Undergraduate students can attend the graduate chapter's events and become a member. If you need help reaching out to graduate students at your institute, please let us know, we will be happy to connect you.
Existing Student Chapters
- Carnegie Mellon University, Chapter Chair: Tania Lopez-Cantu
- University of Pittsburgh,Chapter Chair: Alen Gusa
- University of Kentucky, Chapter Chair: Erika Hernandez
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Chapter Chair: Christina Devine
- Colorado State University, Chapter Chair: Benjamin Choat
- University at Buffalo, SUNY, Chapter Chair: Tashfia Mohona
- South Dakota School of Mines, Chapter Chair: Mengistu (Stu) Geza Nisrani
- University of North Florida, Faculty Adviser: Cigdem Akan
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Faculty Adviser: Sajad Hamidi
Check out what our student chapters have to say!
Have your own Chapter video that you'd like featured? Email EWRI!